Question: Female Sexual Dysfunction

butterflyfunk - Tue May 04, 2004 7:55 pm

I am a 23 year old female with a lot of embarassing questions and confusion on who I should ask. Though I have been sexually active for quite some time now, I have never been able to achieve orgasm except once while masterbating as a pre-teen. I don't know if this is a physical problem or not, but I can think of no reasons as to why it would be a mental problem. I do have sexual enjoyment, but only up to a certain point. Then it's just like my body turns itself off and nothing feels good anymore.

This is starting to be a huge problem and frustration within my life and relationship. I don't know who I can talk to about this as I have no regular doctor and visit my gyn. only once a year. I have read about female sexual dysfunction, but find that most examples do not apply to my case and that very few answers are offered. I am afraid to just talk to an unfamiliar doctor about this because it is embarassing and I am afraid that there is no help for me or that I won't be believed. I also am unsure if my insurance will cover a trip to the doctor to discuss such issues and would not be able to afford it otherwise.

I am open to any suggestions as to what to try or what type of doctor to talk to. As difficult as it is for me to face this problem, living with it is becoming as difficult.
Thanks.
 Dr. Russell M - Fri May 14, 2004 10:07 am

User avatar Hi!

Perhaps you can locate a therapist who might be able to help you here:

Click here!

bill
 Puzzled - Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:09 pm

Ive had these two bumps in between my inner leg and my lips. There under the skin and there not sores. There about a half an inch away from eachother and there botch the size of peas. The one thats been there longer started bleading......no pussy stuff or anything but that one got smaller. That one also has scar like skin over it but barly. Im scared to go to the doctor but i wonder if you would know what it is.
 Puzzled - Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:16 pm

Im not 23 but i am 18 and ive been sexually active with 5 different men and i am in the same position....Everything feels good and i know its not they men im with. I havent been able to figure out why i havent.....