Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Irregular Periods.. HELP..

MoonlitOrchid - Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:49 pm

Im 29 years old. When I was 21 I had my son, and after he was born i found out that I had mild cervical dysplasia. I had to have Pap's done every month for a year and when they said it cleared up, I just stopped going. I haven't been to the gyno since, and yes, I know I need to.

Well, my cycles are very short. Average of three days and its done, and the flow is not very heavy. Back in June I they started getting more and more irregular, and since June I have had 4 periods, and the last one was so faint that it seemed like my body was just playing a joke on me. I am overweight, and at first I thought I missed one cause of stress but it hasn't gotten normal again. Any idea's on what I should look into just to read up on? I plan on going to the gyno as soon as I find how who takes my insurance.

Thanks!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:47 pm

User avatar Hello,

I cannot urge you enough to go and see your gynecologist as soon as possible. The presence of abnormal bleeding with a history of cervical dysplasia is a serious condition.

On the other hand, the most causes of irregular bleeding include stress and obesity. It could be that but only after we have excluded a more serious cause.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us