Question: Miscarriage?? and cramping

Renae - Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:16 pm

I am 28 years old with no major medical problems.

I was about 12 days late for my period and my breasts were really tender so I thought I may be pregnant. The urine pregnancy test was faintly positive. Then I was at work and started spotting. By the morning I was cramping so bad that I could hardly stand up straight. I passed a large piece of tissue and several large clots. I started bleeding really heavy for about one and a half days then the bleeding stopped. The cramping hasn't stopped yet and this morning I started to spot again. All of this started on the 7th. I miscarried a baby about 2 years ago. It didn't happen like this.

Questions : Is it normal to cramp like this? Should I see a doctor (my OB is no longer practicing and there aren't any other one's in my town)? If it's okay to not see a doctor, what signs or symptoms should I look for to warrent further action?

Thank you so much for your reply!!

Renae
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:54 am

User avatar Hi Renae,
History of a previous miscarriage may raise the risk factor of a future miscarriage. Many of the women whom experience a miscarriage do so before they ever have any knowledge of being pregnant. Taking into consideration of what you stated, heavy vaginal bleeding, with the passage of tissue/clots, may have very well been a miscarriage. I certainly hope that you followed up with an evaluation by a physician.