Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: NABOTHIAN CYSTS, BLEEDING & DISCHARGE

WINDELLA - Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:24 pm

I AM 30 YR. OLD FEMALE EXPERIENCING HEAVY BLEEDING AND CLOTTING DURING INTERCOURSE (NOTHING ROUGH) LASTING SEVERAL DAYS AFTERWARDS. I WENT TO THE DOCTOR, AND A PAP TEST CONFIRMED A "GROWTH" ON OR NEAR MY CERVIX. I WAS THEN SENT TO HAVE A VAGINAL ULTRASOUND AND THE RESULT WAS NABOTHIAN CYSTS. I HAVE YET TO RETURN TO MY DR. BECAUSE I LOST MY MED. INSURANCE ( IN THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING COVERAGE). I HAVE 1 SEXUAL PARTNER, AND AM NOW CONCERNED BECAUSE I AM EXPERIENCING A WHITISH CREAMY DISCHARGE (NOT LIKE COTTAGE CHEESE) AND VERY STRONG ODORED, COULD THIS BE THE PUSS LIKE FLUID IN THE CYSTS RUPTURING? AND IF SO, WHY AM I BLEEDING SO HEAVILY, AND WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THIS? I AM RARELY SEXUALLY ACTIVE DUE TO THE BLEEDING, HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR AT LEAST 2 YRS. I AM NOT TAKING ANY MEDICATION, AND DO NOT HAVE ANY PAIN ASSOCIATED WITH THESE SYMPTOMS. I HAVE REGULAR HEAVY PERIODS AS WELL. PLEASE HELP!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:31 am

User avatar I don't believe your symptoms are related to your Nabothian cysts.

Please do not use ALL-CAPS in your title or message. This is clearly stated in the forum rules.
 kymom - Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:05 pm

I have been having some odd things and wondering if this is what I have? I feel I have to urinate and then the palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet start to itch. I do go and urinate but feel like I'm about to pass out and start sweating profusely enought to soak my head and upper body and am really flushed. I then have hard pain in the center and lower stomach above pubic area. This usually lasts anywhere from 15 min to 1 1/2 hours and I break out in a rash all over my body. the rash starts to subside when the pain starts to alleviate. Next morning I also start bleeding. Could this be a cyst rupuring? I've had this happen about 6 times and each time is worse for pain and rash. I take synthroid 125 and metformin500.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us