Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Cramping and bleeding since ovulation.

36preston - Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:12 pm

I am a 36 year old female who has been trying to get pregnant now for a couple of months. I have been suffering from cramps and a slight pain in the upper leg, light bleeding and an unpleasant odor from the last time I ovulated. No past diagnoses and no family history in this area. Current medications are Topamax and Effexor, which I am weening myself off. I am also taking a prenatal vitamin and an iron and folic acid suppliment. Thank you for your time.[/b]
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:30 am

User avatar Hi 36preston,
Vaginal discharge or spotting with an unpleasant odor may indicate an underlying infection. When did you last have a gynecological exam? If it has not been recently, I would suggest that you have an evaluation to assure there are no underlying conditions present.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us