Question: lower abnominal discomfort

scarlette - Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:49 pm

Hi there,
I have had lower abdo discomfort for about three days during my ovulation period, I would like to know if this is normal. I just felt as when my period is due.
As if I could feel my whole vagina, I don't know how to explain that, I heard about low and high cervix positions, I'm not sure if that is what I felt.

Thanks for helping me out.

Carry on with the good job.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri May 12, 2006 5:21 pm

Mittelschmerz is one-sided lower abdominal pain that occurs in women at or around the time of ovulation. About 20% of women experience mittelschmerz. Mittelschmerz may be felt on one side one month, then switch to the opposite side the next month, or it may be felt on the same side for several months in succession. women who feel this pain may be at an advantage when planning or trying to avoid pregnancy. It may also indicate that the woman is fertile.

If this doesn't sound like the pain you have experienced and it didnt recurr then it was probably coincidental.