Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: abnormal discharge/bleeding

DaChef - Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:28 pm

I am a 52 yr old woman and still get regular periods. My last period was 2/8/06. I usually bleed for about 5 days. I do have a fibroid, and in the past have had cervical problems (dysplasia, which was treated with a cone biopsy in the 90's) Now, the question is, I have sometimes used a dildo for sexual stimulation, and recently after doing so I have noticed a mucus and bloody discharge from my vagina. Sometimes the blood is red, other times it is a brownish color. My big fear is that I may be suffering from cervical dysplasia or cancer. I do not bleed after sex with my husband, so is this something I should worry about? Thanks for your help!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:42 pm

User avatar Hello,

The best thing would be to get examined as soon as possible to rule out cervical dysplasia.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us