Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Discharge......please help

skye1074 - Sat May 29, 2004 2:38 am

I am noticing that my vaginal discharge occasionally smells exactly like semen. I'm 20, not pregnant to my knowledge, and other than being a smoker, am in otherwise good health. What could be the cause of this?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat May 29, 2004 5:57 am

User avatar Is the discharge white in colour? or transparent? Does it cause itching?
 skye1074 - Sat May 29, 2004 12:47 pm

Recently it has been clear or slightly whitish. On Monday however, it was thick and had a yellowish, almost yellow-green like color and was itchy. But it didn't smell like semen then, that smell just started on Wednesday
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat May 29, 2004 4:45 pm

User avatar Sounds like vaginal candidiasis. You should get a check up just to make sure. Treatment is straight forward but your doctor may want to exclude diabetes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us