Question: odd question about pregnancy

Catherine Fergerson - Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:18 am

Ok I am now 8dpo. I took a test at 4dpo ( don't know why lol) 6dpo and then today at 8dpo. They were all positive. How is it possible that I got a positive so early? My period isnt due until the 4th. I took 3 differnt brands too. Is this possible? The lines came up really fast, although not dark, not light either.
Could I have gotten pregnaunt last period and did not know it? I had a period, but it was a week late, and lasted 4 days but it was heavy bleeding so it seemed normal to me? Or is it just that I ovulated real early this cycle and caught the egg early?

Also how long before I need to see a docotor?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:04 pm

User avatar First of all, Congratulations!

To answer your question, you may have ovulated eariler than you thought, or may have gotten pregnant last cycle, but the fact is, if you took three different tests, and all were positive, then you are pregnant, it would be near impossible to have that many false positives, as false positives are pretty rare anyway.

You should schedule an appt. now, to confirm the pregnancy, and also to get some prenatal vitamins.
 Catherine Fergerson - Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:48 pm

Is it normal to have light cramps like my period is coming? There not bad but I feel a bit sore, and my nipples feel a bit itchy.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:12 pm

User avatar Light cramps are ok. And a little pink spotting is ok to. If the cramps get heavy, or is accompanied by any bleeding, see a doctor. And the itchy nipples are normal.
 Catherine Fergerson - Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:04 pm

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I can't believe its true! ^_^ But I guess yeah 3 different pregnancy tests cannot lie!

I do have slight cramps not bad, and only come ever so often that last for like 2 min, feels like before I get my period but no bleeding at all.
 PrettynPunk - Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:16 am

Congragulations, your lucky...i cant get pregnant for nothing :( well congrads again
 Catherine Fergerson - Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:06 am

Thanks. This is my first pregnancy, and im so scared! Im already feeling like crap, tired and eating more.