Question: abnormal pap

Toy - Tue May 09, 2006 1:16 pm

37 year old.
I have a history of PCOS
Pap results came back and showed inflammation. I am curious as what the cause could be. No apparent signs of infection. I have been married for 17 years. During those years I have had no other partners and it is extremely doubtful that my husband has since he suffers from ED. I was married previously to a man that had many extramarital affairs. What could be the cause of the inflammation.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed May 10, 2006 12:13 pm

Inflammation of the cervix is very common and usually does not mean there is a problem. If the Pap smear showed the inflammation is severe, your doctor may want to find the cause, such as an infection. In such a case your doctor may also recommend a repeat Pap smear to see if the inflammation has gone.