Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: COULD I BE PREGNANT ?

Melani - Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:35 am

I went off Melodene (oral contraceptive) in March and had my last period on 30th April 2004.
I am usually very regular (28-days), but this last period came in a
38-day cycle. I have not had a period yet for this month. Have I missed my period or is my cycle just irregular because of withdrawing from teh contraception ?

I've been experiencing the ffg symptoms since last week (24th May) :
1. I've been urinating quite frequently !!!!!!
2. I've also been feeling midly nauseous, yet with no vomiting
3. I've also been experience loose bowels, at the most inconvenient times !

Ever since Monday I have felt the nausea and loose bowel movement quite
severely, sporadically in the mornings and the afternoons. I am drinking water and eating peppermints (!!!!!!!!!) just to soothe myself

I did a pregnancy test on the 26th May, but it came up negative. I also
did one on 1st June with a negative result.

Is it too early to be testing ?
Could I be pregnant ?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:50 am

User avatar Melani,
Please check our pregnancy test page
As you can see in the article it could be a bit early to rely on the home pregnancy kit during the first 5 weeks after the last menstrual period.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us