Question: severe pain

fruity424 - Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:27 am

On January 3,2007 I went to the doctor and he told me I had a bladder infection. It seemed to better, than yesterday afternoon I started having severe pain in my lower stomach,pelvic area and renel area. It felt like everything in there was trying to fall out. I could hardly sit down or move. It would get worse if I went to the bathroom. This scared me because I have never had this feeling. This morning my my lower stomach is still hurting. Help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:41 pm

User avatar Sorry for the late response. A bladder infection that has spread to the kidneys can cause back pain, abdominal pain and severe discomfort. Generally the original symptoms of the bladder infection are present as well as a fever.

Were you started on antibiotics? If so, they generally take 24-48 hours before you begin to notice improvement.

Hopefully at this point you are feeling better. Again, sorry for the delay.