Question: HPV re-infection

mommy2boys - Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:02 am

I will be having a LEEP performed in a couple weeks for CIN 1. My doctor told me that if he doesn't examine my husband and treat him for HPV that I may become re-infected and have to go thru this process over again. Is this correct or is he just trying to bilk us for $200? Everything I've read goes against everything my doctor is telling me, to the point of not trusting him. Due to my limited health insurance I cannot change doctors so I'd like some real answers.

Thanks in advance.
 Dr. Leigh Anderson - Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:07 am

User avatar Your Doctor is correct, your husband does need to get tested for any STD's, as it is possible for you to become re-infected with the STD.

Your doctor will prescibe medicine to the both of you to take at the same time to help eliminate any reccurances.

Please remember persons infected with STD's especially in woman who are exposed to a STD over a period of time can develop Cancer within the female reproductive organs.

Take care

Dr. Anderson