Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Problems with my period..

cnclark05 - Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:59 am

I believe that I have problems with my period. I am sixteen years old and I started my period when I was twelve. Since I started, I have had my period about two to maybe even three times a year. So that would add up to about maybe ten periods so far. Im really irregular and I know stress is one of my problems. Im really afraid of having a serious problem with my reproductive organs. Please, if you have any information for me, please let me know. Thanks.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:43 am

User avatar Hello,
At the start of menstrual periods (also known as menarche), it is normal in the first few years of menstruation, for the periods to be irregular. If you have a reason to suspect there maybe something wrong then consult a gynecologist. If you are conscious about the examination you can convey that to him/her. The important thing is to exclude ovarian diseases such as polycystic ovarian disease which can be easily excluded by an ultrasound scan.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us