Question: Problems with my period..

cnclark05 - Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:59 am

I believe that I have problems with my period. I am sixteen years old and I started my period when I was twelve. Since I started, I have had my period about two to maybe even three times a year. So that would add up to about maybe ten periods so far. Im really irregular and I know stress is one of my problems. Im really afraid of having a serious problem with my reproductive organs. Please, if you have any information for me, please let me know. Thanks.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:43 am

At the start of menstrual periods (also known as menarche), it is normal in the first few years of menstruation, for the periods to be irregular. If you have a reason to suspect there maybe something wrong then consult a gynecologist. If you are conscious about the examination you can convey that to him/her. The important thing is to exclude ovarian diseases such as polycystic ovarian disease which can be easily excluded by an ultrasound scan.