Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: pregnancy

babygirl7 - Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:26 pm

I'm too scared and ashamed to ask my doctor so i hope one of you can help me. I have had 4 abortions in the past 3 years. 3 were surgical and 1 medical. About 5 months ago i had a miscarrige then 2 days ago i had another miscarrige. Now at this point in my life i am ready to have a child but i don't know if i can now. Do you think having had multiple abortions in the past could have caused damage to me. i got depressed when i had the first miscarrige but after the second it's even worse. I was also thinking maybe i got pregnant too soon after my last abortion and my body couldn't handle it. Please tell me what you think, and if there is anything else that could be causing me to miscarry now.
thanks
 Rhonda P, CEP - Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:02 am

User avatar Hello,

It's an easy question to ask now, why didn't you just use a reliable form of birth control? There are so many to choose from. As far as damage done because of your abortions, can you talk to the physician who performed them for you? If not, do you have a Gynecologist you can go see for a physical? I would recommend getting a good check-up before I tried to conceive just because of your past history, you may have scar tissue in your uterus that may need tending to. Have you been testing for STD's? They could cause difficulty carrying a child also. You want your pregnancy to start off on a healthy, fresh foot.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us