Question: Period Problems

tz_lina - Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:12 pm

I am 18 years old and up until now i have had a regular period without any
complications. This month though my period had an unusual color and instead of the regular flow it was more like dark brown stains on the pad. I know this is not normal and I am wondering if it could be due to the fact that i suddenly lost weight in the past 4 weeks. I am really concerned and i really need your help. Thank you in advance.
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:42 am

User avatar Hi!

When was your last menstrual period? Do you have lower abdominal pain? Would you be able to provide your sexual history? Have you ever been pregnant?

bill
 tz_lina - Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:40 pm

Thank you for the reply. I do not have lower abdominal pain, my last period was about a month ago and I am a virgin, so the posibility of being pregnant is out of the question. That is why I am worried, the only possible reason that I see is the fact that I lost a lot of weight for a really short period of time. Could that really be the reason? Are things going to be back to normal or should I visit my doctor? Thank you ones again for your help.
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:16 pm

User avatar Hi!

Do you have a habit in eating that you might want to discuss about? How do you feel regarding your body weight? What is your height and weight now?

bill