Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: gynoclogy

bfrost - Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:54 pm

I have had a baby and I am 20 years old. I have never had any problems in the past.
I have been having lower abdominal pain for about 7 months now. I hurt almost constantly, the pain is worse when I am on my period, my periods are irregular, fatigue,
some fever (on and off), severe mood swings, bloating, and its very painful during intercourse. I have had a scope about a month ago and my doctor didn't find much.
He wants to wait 3 more months to see if anything gets any better since my scope. I also don't think he is very interested. I can't take birth control because my body produces too much serotin. I am really getting depressed over this and it is affecting my marriage because I can't have sex. Please, any suggestions.
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:26 am

Are you on medications? Was the birth vaginal or C-section?

Keep in mind that your hormones could be out of whack for a long time after giving birth. The extra stress of a new baby can take the sex drive out of anyone and your body is still healing itself from the birth.

Keep in close contact with your physician with regular check-ups of this condition. Be patient. LIfe will calm down...in about 18 years. :wink:

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us