Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: clitoral pain, damaged nerves?

barbarella - Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:16 am

Hi!

I'm a 25 year old female. No surgeries done, no medications, normally I'm healthy.

About a month ago I had some cystitis or so, and I had some episodes of strong urge to pee.

Then I tried not do let it out by making pressure on my vulvar zone with my hand from my pockets, and since then I notice that I have pain on my clitoris when pressured. The sensation feels as if I had a little thorn buried on my clitoris, more or less on the center, a little on the left.

I had many times cystitis before. Also candidiasis that caused me clitoral pain when touched ( in some way similar to this) that fixed itself, but now it's not improving, so I'm suspecting nerve's damage or so.

Could I have damaged my nerves just by the hand's pressure? Is it forever?

Thanks for your help, and forgive my bad english (is not my language).
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:24 pm

User avatar If you are still having pain after a month it is probably time for you to talk to your doctor about this. It seems unlikely that permanent damage could have resulted from such a mild trauma but maybe something else is going on that a doctor can determine and help you with. Don't be afraid to talk with him or her about this important concern.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us