Question: Need Some URGENT advice ?

Justin09 - Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:30 am

Hey guys

this is very important to me, me and my girlfriend have engaged in sexual intercourse yesterday and the condom broke and i blew inside her. The next day she got her period does she still have to take the after day pill. I really need some fast advice.

can someone help me asap prefereply a doctor who knows for certain. Time is a factor since 72 hours is the time it must be taken within

thanx
 jigsaw - Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:41 am

I'm no doctor but I say you are in the clear from past experience and slight knowledge. She is at the beginning of the menstrual flow phase which lasts about 3-5 days so there is no support for a fertilized egg to attach to the endometrium/uterus. It won't be for at least 8-10 days until she could maybe support a fertilized egg which by then your sperm will be long dead. Also the chances that she released 2 eggs is so slight that your sperm won't encounter an egg. This infomation is probably somewhat not correct but what I'm trying to get at is ---don't worry about it but wait for the doctor to settle your fears.
 Justin09 - Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:27 am

thanks mate, i just want a 100% all clear. but ur reply was very helpful and gave me peace of mind 8)
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:21 pm

User avatar Hello Justin,
Jigsaw is right! There is nothing to worry about. Ovulation takes place around 14 days after menstruation. That's when she risks getting pregnant the most.