Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: feeling different before period

bortoncowgirl - Tue May 15, 2007 1:32 pm

hi, i am 34 my periods have always been irregular. i usually spot a week before hand. my last period was on april 18th 2007. ,i bleed for 4 days like nomal . about 2 weeks after my period, i felt sick to my stomach all night ,stomach was cramping , my brest feel bigger like my bra is too small, ive noticed the veins around by breast are darker. but about may 9th 2007, i spotted just a little, light in color, nothing for 5 days until today, had bright red blood on toliet paper this morning and nothing several hours later i think im suppose to start my period tomorrow but why all the different feelings??i went to gyn. about a year ago said everything was fine, no surgeries , don't know to much about family history im adopted my real mother had 8 kids with no problems thats all i know about her history lost touch with her , no medications, also my husband and i are wanting to have a baby,any advice will be helpful ,thanks,
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:26 pm

User avatar Hello, the symptoms you are describing could be pregnancy. I would suggest taking a home pregnancy test or making an appointment with your gynecologist for a pregnancy test.

Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us