Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: bleeding 2months and severe pain

 needhelp92211 - Wed May 16, 2007 2:16 am

I am a 24 y/o female and have abnormal bleeding and severe pelvic pain. I have been bleeding this time for 2 months and have severe stabbing pelvic pain. I went to the hospital on my last episode and was told that it was PID and given antibiotic and aleve. I seen a Dr and had several sonograms, ultrasounds and a test that they inserted a probe inside my vagina. Tests were unconclussive. Once in a while the pain goes away and the bleeding stops for a short time then starts up again and goes for months. I am not taking any sort of medication or birth control pills. several years ago I did get depo shots but do not anymore. I am hitting a brick wall with doctors and not getting any help. Please try to help me or point me in the right direction. I will travel to see a doctor anywhere for the possibility of help. This is becoming a quality of life matter and interrupting my everyday. Thanks

 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 16, 2007 3:19 am

User avatar I would strongly recommend that you see a gynecologist to discuss your symptoms. It is likely that they will recommend you start taking an oral contraceptive pill to regulate your hormonal levels and bring your periods under control.

Prolonged bleeding can lead to significant anemia which has its own set of problems.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us