Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Head Flush

sanjoseskater - Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:30 pm

Every day about an hour after I eat lunch my head starts to feel real hot to me (not to others). If feels almost exactly like a Niacin Flush. My eyes get glossy and my ears are burning and my head feels like a bad sunburn that is giving off heat. This also happens after I eat dinner. Half of the time it is associated with a headache. In the morning I have a small snack and I do not experience this problem. I am convinced that it has something to do with how my body reacts to digestion. I have tried eating all different kinds of foods and the problem still persists. What is causing my body to react like I am having a Niacin Flush?
 gfoak - Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:54 pm

Starts about the same time as my period.... incredible nausea. Does not happen every month.

This month, I started on Friday and from Friday-Monday (still continues) have extremely light bleeding (clots only) and nausea. Bleeding is always light and clumpy. Probably because I am so inactive due to the nausea!

When I eat - my stomach does not empty. I had 1 c. soup and 1/3 c. rice last night and after six hours it was still sloshing around in my stomach. Even fluids don't seem to go anywhere! This only happens during my period. I also am 'always full' during my period.

Previously, I was on desogen. One doc switched me to Mircette which showed a marked improvement in that my nausea only hits during my period now. Oddly enough, that switch was made by a neurologisst/migraine doc.

I was tested for gastroparesis and showed no delay (not during one of these episodes mind you) several years ago.

I've had complete GI workups showing no problems, but since I saw an improvement and shift to during my period only, I know this has to be pill related. Do you have any suggestions on what type of pill I should be pursuing? Lower progesterone? I'm miserable.

Is there any way to speed gastric emptying? heat? (light walking does not seem to help - and I am nauseous enough to vomit if I do more than that).

thanks....
 DeLWolcott - Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:09 pm

This needs to be posted as a new topic. I will try to get it up as it's own posting ASAP. There is a limit to how many "new" posts can be made throughout the day, but I will do my best to get your question individualized.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us