Question: Fall wakeboarding, bleeding between rectum and vagina

Mom7478 - Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:30 pm

I am 18, female, have had no surgeries or medical history, am not on any medications. Family history: N/A.
I was wakeboarding and fell with my legs open impacted the water directly on my crotch. It was extremely painful for approx. 5 min. After 1 hour, pain was not as noticeable. Three hours later, I noticed some blood coming from between my rectum and vagina. There is what looks kind of like a red blister exactly between them. I am worried that it might be a pilonidal cyst or fistula that might have been aggravated by the fall; however, I never noticed any pain in that area before this fall.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:43 pm

User avatar I suspect that more likely you have had some trauma from the fall that caused some bleeding. You may have, in essence, a blood blister that is leaking.

A pilonidal cyst is located behind the anus higher in the gluteal cleft. It would be a bit unusual for a fistula to develop or be irritated by such a trauma.

If the area is not getting better over the next few days I would recommend you see your doctor, although I suspect it will be getting better.