Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Fall wakeboarding, bleeding between rectum and vagina

Mom7478 - Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:30 pm

I am 18, female, have had no surgeries or medical history, am not on any medications. Family history: N/A.
I was wakeboarding and fell with my legs open impacted the water directly on my crotch. It was extremely painful for approx. 5 min. After 1 hour, pain was not as noticeable. Three hours later, I noticed some blood coming from between my rectum and vagina. There is what looks kind of like a red blister exactly between them. I am worried that it might be a pilonidal cyst or fistula that might have been aggravated by the fall; however, I never noticed any pain in that area before this fall.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:43 pm

User avatar I suspect that more likely you have had some trauma from the fall that caused some bleeding. You may have, in essence, a blood blister that is leaking.

A pilonidal cyst is located behind the anus higher in the gluteal cleft. It would be a bit unusual for a fistula to develop or be irritated by such a trauma.

If the area is not getting better over the next few days I would recommend you see your doctor, although I suspect it will be getting better.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us