Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Bumps on Vulva area

 Jenflower - Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:45 pm

Hi, I'm 28 yr old female.
I have some vertical bumps on each side of my vulva at the very bottom and I'm wondering if this is normal. I am also a little itchy. I don't think it could be a STD because I haven't been sexually active for years. Anyone have any ideas?
Also I'm wondering if there is a gynecologist that I could contact and send a picture of the bumps to get a more accurate diagnosis.

 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:40 pm

User avatar Bumps on vulva may be an indication of a genital wart virus or vaginosis. It could also be something else entirely. You should see a doctor (family practice or OB/GYN). I don't think you will find a doctor comfortable with diagnosing this on the internet by pictures. A clinical assessment would be required. Good luck.
 Jenflower - Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:04 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Your right it could be one of those but yes it's hard to know for sure. I would really like to avoid a trip to the gynecologist because of money issues. If I can get it diagnosed on line I would much perfer that and then I could look into natural treatments. Anyway if anyone has experienced these and knows how to identify them or if there are any doctors willing to try to make a guess from a pic please please e-mail me at and I will send you a pic.


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us