Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Bumps on Vulva area

Jenflower - Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:45 pm

Hi, I'm 28 yr old female.
I have some vertical bumps on each side of my vulva at the very bottom and I'm wondering if this is normal. I am also a little itchy. I don't think it could be a STD because I haven't been sexually active for years. Anyone have any ideas?
Also I'm wondering if there is a gynecologist that I could contact and send a picture of the bumps to get a more accurate diagnosis.

Thanks!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:40 pm

User avatar Bumps on vulva may be an indication of a genital wart virus or vaginosis. It could also be something else entirely. You should see a doctor (family practice or OB/GYN). I don't think you will find a doctor comfortable with diagnosing this on the internet by pictures. A clinical assessment would be required. Good luck.
 Jenflower - Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:04 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Your right it could be one of those but yes it's hard to know for sure. I would really like to avoid a trip to the gynecologist because of money issues. If I can get it diagnosed on line I would much perfer that and then I could look into natural treatments. Anyway if anyone has experienced these and knows how to identify them or if there are any doctors willing to try to make a guess from a pic please please e-mail me at jenflowerj@hotmail.com and I will send you a pic.

Thanks!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us