Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: missed period for two moths

angie3988 - Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:20 am

I am a 22 year old female no past surgeries, family history of diabetes no current medications.I have recently found out that I had sex with a person who was diagnosed with gonorrhea. So I went and got tested 1 week ago [which I have not yet recieved the results]and they went ahead and treated me for it. I was having a yellow discharge. Now it has gone. But I haven't had my period for about two months now, last period was in May sometime.My stomach has been hurting and I have been feeling kind of nautious. I have taken many pregnancy tests and all are negative. I was wondering if you had any idea on why I could be experiencing these symptoms. Thank you.Much appreciated.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:41 pm

User avatar I would not expect this problem to result from the treatment. It is possible to have a negative pregnancy test even when pregnant, but not likely if you have taken several of them. I would get an appointment with your health care provider to find out what is going on. Perhaps a hormonal imbalance which could be corrected.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us