Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: whats going on with me?

 leeleeditzy - Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:32 am

well i'm 23 yrs old and when i was 16 i was told i had a "backwards uterus". my mom says she has one too. but the thing is, my period has always been normal 28-30 day cycle and lasts about 5 days, but when i have my period i have alot of blood clots i want to know why and if it has to do with the backwards thing. if not what could be going on?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:52 pm

User avatar It could mean a tipped or tilted uterus perhaps, meaning that the uterus is tipped back rather than forward. This should not have a bearing on the clots. Keep in mind that your menstrual flow consists of more than just blood - it's a kind of "cleaning out" of the lining and clots are not unusual for most women at times.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us