Question: whats going on with me?

leeleeditzy - Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:32 am

well i'm 23 yrs old and when i was 16 i was told i had a "backwards uterus". my mom says she has one too. but the thing is, my period has always been normal 28-30 day cycle and lasts about 5 days, but when i have my period i have alot of blood clots i want to know why and if it has to do with the backwards thing. if not what could be going on?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:52 pm

User avatar It could mean a tipped or tilted uterus perhaps, meaning that the uterus is tipped back rather than forward. This should not have a bearing on the clots. Keep in mind that your menstrual flow consists of more than just blood - it's a kind of "cleaning out" of the lining and clots are not unusual for most women at times.