Question: spotting before my period

cherryberry - Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm

hi i'm 25 years old and currently on the birth control pill(tri-cyclen) for over 2 years now. The last few months i've been having brown spotting before my period like 1week before my period ! is that normal??
The spotting starts off brown and as i get closer to my period day the spotting becomes a pink like color. Now i don't get this every month, but this time it happened 2 month in a row. My doctor said it's normal, i did get a pap test done and it came back normal. What would you suggest?? should i change birth control pills?
thank you so much.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:31 am

User avatar This is definitely in the range of normal so I would not be concerned, but mention this to your doctor if it is bothersome to you in case a change in prescriptions might make a difference.
 cherryberry - Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:08 pm

Thank you for your qick response!!! :)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:45 pm

User avatar You are welcome. Take care.