Question: 20 days on my period??

lindzyb - Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:58 am

I've been on my period for 20+ days. It will go from light spotting to very very heavy within a matter of minutes and there are large clots. I'm 22 years old, not sexually active as of about 3 yrs ago, and recently began working out a lot (I didn't know if that could have anything to do with it.) I hadn't had a normal period for about a year and a half and then all the sudden the flood gates opened. Any suggestions? Should i see a doctor immediately or could it wait until August? (My health insurance kicks in)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:08 pm

User avatar I doubt this is so urgent that you cannot wait for your August appointment but if it seems you get much worse or soak one pad or tampon per hour for several hours, you should call the doctor.

In the meantime, keep a good record of what is happening so you can give your doctor a good history for optimum care.