Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: sore marble sized bump on labia

stardust142 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:38 am

I am a 30 year old female. I have a large marble sized lump on the inner lips of my labia. It is sore to the touch and it is painful to sit or walk. It has been there 6 days now and is getting bigger. I do have a doctors appointment however in the meantime I need peace of mind. Do you happen to know what it is. it is located right about where the hair stops inside if that helps. It appeared suddenly. I have only ever had one partner so I have ruled out an STD. My last pap was 3 years ago. Please help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:45 pm

User avatar It is possible this could be an infected Bartholin gland cyst. You should seek medical treatment since it is causing you pain. It is possible to have a cyst without infection but they are usually painless. Aside from this guess, I can't say what this might be so, again, see your doctor. Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us