Question: Pelvic pain and brown spotting

roxychic6304 - Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:53 am

Hi ok I'm a 17 year old female with no past diagnosis of the subject. The only thing I'm positive of is the fact that PCOS is a common occurance in my mothers side of the family. I am currently on no medication and have not been having intercourse. The problem: Recently I've been getting sharp pains in my pelvic area and when they aren't sharp they just kind of linger. I'm about a week late for my period and just had about an hour of brown blood coming heavily. I'm a little concerned with everything and a little afraid to ask my parents to take me to the doctor. Can you please give me an idea of whats going on with my body?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:08 pm

User avatar First of all I would encourage you to talk to your parents. This is nothing they should be alarmed about but you want to get the accurate diagnosis if there is anything abnormal going on. It may be normal menstrual discharge, even though the color is different that what you expect. Your parents want to help you, I'm sure, but they can't if they don't know about the problem. Good luck.