Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Missing Periods!

krazy10 - Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:27 pm

I am 15 years old and have had my period since december of 2002, so almost 2 years. I have skiped 6 months of my period. The last time I had it was in March and it was very light and lasted only a day. Its starting to worry me that something might be wrong. I know that periods can be irregular the 1st couple of years, but i don't know if my case is normal or not. Should i see a doctor about it or just keep waiting for my next period?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:06 pm

User avatar Dear Guest,

The first thing that the doctor is going to do is to test for pregnancy if you are seuxally active.

The periods don't tend to be irregular during the first two years only but for more than that in some cases.

If this continues to be a problem, i would recommend that you see your doctor, i can not tell you how long you should though, it is up to you.

i think that this is just hormonal imbalance during puberty.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 Caitlyn - Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:36 am

dear doctors,

I no I already wrote you a previous letter but i also wanted to say im very athletic im in 3 sports hockey in the winter, track in the spring, crosscountry in the fall and i was wondering if ill ever get it my period what should i do ????? please write back

thankyou,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us