Question: Missing Periods!

krazy10 - Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:27 pm

I am 15 years old and have had my period since december of 2002, so almost 2 years. I have skiped 6 months of my period. The last time I had it was in March and it was very light and lasted only a day. Its starting to worry me that something might be wrong. I know that periods can be irregular the 1st couple of years, but i don't know if my case is normal or not. Should i see a doctor about it or just keep waiting for my next period?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:06 pm

User avatar Dear Guest,

The first thing that the doctor is going to do is to test for pregnancy if you are seuxally active.

The periods don't tend to be irregular during the first two years only but for more than that in some cases.

If this continues to be a problem, i would recommend that you see your doctor, i can not tell you how long you should though, it is up to you.

i think that this is just hormonal imbalance during puberty.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Caitlyn - Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:36 am

dear doctors,

I no I already wrote you a previous letter but i also wanted to say im very athletic im in 3 sports hockey in the winter, track in the spring, crosscountry in the fall and i was wondering if ill ever get it my period what should i do ????? please write back

thankyou,