Question: Does anyone have an answer?

TexasGramp - Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:56 pm

Several weeks ago I posted a question that no one responded to. I am still qurious and would like an answer.

In February my daughter gave birth to her first child, & my first grandchild. She reported that she took three hits of marijuana 3 days prior to her delivery date. She then tested positive for marijuana. The baby was also tested. He was negative. How can this be? It seems like he would test positive as well. I have one medical opinion at this point. My daughter's mother in-law asked a nurse about this. She made the comment that it meant the mother was not using extensively and this could be an isolated occurence. I was wondering if the negative test results of the child could determine how much marijuana was smoked, by my daughter, during her pregnancy?

Texas Gramp :?:
 jennifermbibb - Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:41 pm

not really just shows that she did not do enough to effect the baby. but really should you be so clam and open about this. I have two kids and is pregnant with my third. I do not drink smoke anything for health of my child. sorry if this seems negative. but really why would she do that enless she needs help. I had a freind that done it every day and her baby was fine but however, that does not justify what she did. Just thank god the baby is ok. I wish you the best of luck and congrats on the grand baby