Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Does anyone have an answer?

TexasGramp - Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:56 pm

Several weeks ago I posted a question that no one responded to. I am still qurious and would like an answer.

In February my daughter gave birth to her first child, & my first grandchild. She reported that she took three hits of marijuana 3 days prior to her delivery date. She then tested positive for marijuana. The baby was also tested. He was negative. How can this be? It seems like he would test positive as well. I have one medical opinion at this point. My daughter's mother in-law asked a nurse about this. She made the comment that it meant the mother was not using extensively and this could be an isolated occurence. I was wondering if the negative test results of the child could determine how much marijuana was smoked, by my daughter, during her pregnancy?

Texas Gramp :?:
 jennifermbibb - Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:41 pm

not really just shows that she did not do enough to effect the baby. but really should you be so clam and open about this. I have two kids and is pregnant with my third. I do not drink smoke anything for health of my child. sorry if this seems negative. but really why would she do that enless she needs help. I had a freind that done it every day and her baby was fine but however, that does not justify what she did. Just thank god the baby is ok. I wish you the best of luck and congrats on the grand baby

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us