Question: Bumps around my butt hole.

heathernicole_1983 - Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:29 pm

I am 24 years old, female no none family history of this. I have bumps around my butt hole that itch at times. I need to know what I can do to get rid of them and what they are, I started using preperation h on it, Im not for sure if its working or not.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:26 am

User avatar The best guess I can give is hemorrhoids. The treatment consists of ointments such as Anusol, Preparation H, Cortaid, etc. There are different formulations, some with pain reliever, some with cortisone to decrease swelling. You can also use witch hazel pads such as Tucks. These can be soothing and they also provide a way for you to position the ointment easily.

In addition to this you should take measures to avoid constipation. Increase your water and fiber intake, allow plenty of "throne" time in the bathroom and don't wait for a strong urge for a bowel movement. Try to train your body to get into a habit of elimination each day. Give yourself plenty of relaxation time without feeling rushed. People get busy and fight the urge to use the restroom, then the body stores the waste.

Good luck with this.