Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: finished a 30 day period, can't Pee obgyn or urologist?

problems101 - Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:33 pm

I was seeing an obgyn for my heavy periods, we did the tests, blood, pap, endo biopsy, internal ultrasound, according to the tests I'm fine.

I was considering novasure but I don't know if I want to think of myself as being steril, I'm 40 & no children, Things just never worked out.

So I was trying to get him to do a d & C, to make myself feel like I'm getting a fresh start, he won't do it, I understand that it's not a cure, & he said if a biopsy didn't show a problem then a D& C won't work. So I either did novasure or we were kind of done. He did give me prometrium, but I'm not feeling good on it. It knocks me out.

But after all this I can't seem to pee easily, I have to push so hard to get a few drops, & I don't even have any desire to pee. I know what I'm drinking & I think I should have to go but no luck. I don't think I should ask my obgyn, I don't think he's too happy with me. So I'm wondering if a urologist would be ok.

I have an appointment with my family dr in a couple of days. Hopefully I'll go soon
D
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:33 pm

User avatar I don't know what is causing this problem but you should definitely talk to a doctor. Meanwhile, try urinating in a shallow warm bath. Sometimes this relaxes you enough to be able to do it.

I would not worry about the NovaSure ablation procedure and I'm not sure why you are hesitant about it. It can be a good option for you.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us