Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: drunk sex.

 baklava - Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:37 am

okay - i'm nineteen and female. and this last weekend i got really drunk and i ended up having sex. it's only the second time i've had sex before and i was on my period with a tampon in. i was in a lot of pain the next day and i didn't remember the night before so i checked and found my tampon which had been jammed extremely far into me on the right side. it took like thirty minutes to get it out and it hurt a lot. it's been like two days now and my right side is killing me. it hurts to walk or anything. also, i've been shaking a lot. what could br wrong with me??
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:51 pm

User avatar Hi Baklava,
I'm sorry about your pain and trauma. Unfortunately, since you were drunk, you may have experienced additional trauma of which you are now unaware. I would check with your doctor for a pelvic exam to be sure there are no injuries. You will likely heal on your own but it would be best to have it checked out.

As for the tampon - you should be concerned if you ever forget about one because it does increase your risk for infection. Be especially alert to fever, chills, body aches and go to a doctor right away if this happens. But it sounds like this is not the case for you so having your doctor check you is the best idea, coupled with patience as your body heals.

Take care,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us