Question: D&C and what to expect with bleeding afterwards??

countrygirl - Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:00 pm

Two days ago I had a hysteroscopy and D&C under general anaethetic. I was given no information at the hospital of what to expect afterwards. I am from UK.
About 6 hours after the proceedure the bleeding slowed down alot to just a blood stained discharge.
I can go for half a day without any discharge and then I will get a large amount of thick discharge that is pink rather than clear. This is also the time of the month ovulation time when my normal discharge will increase dramatically for about 5 days.
The only infomation I was given was by my GP who said that I will bleed for some time afterwards but if I get a sudden severe bleeding or very smelly discharge or abdominal pain with fever to seek medical advice.
My question is - my normal discharge will be increasing dramatically in next few days because of ovulation time so how can I tell if this is blood stained if it is just to be expected or is it a sign tat somethings wrong ????
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:24 am

I would not worry about anything blood-tinged, or even brown. This would not be considered excessive. If you find yourself gushing lots of red blood, soaking a pad every hour or two, that would be a different story. In that case you would call your doctor.

Best wishes