Question: Missing My Period!!!

rcorallino - Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:49 pm

It has been 11 wks since I have had my period. I have taken two home pregnancy tests and both were negative. I am concerned about my health. I am in my childbearing years and hope to start a family in 2 yrs. I am concerned and am not sure what could be wrong w/me if I am not pregnant. Please help!!
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:25 am

User avatar Dear rcorallino,

Abscence of menstruation after having periods in the past is termed secondary amenorrhea. It is defined as either missing your period for more than cycles or more than 6 months.

i am not sure about how regular your periods were in the past.

Even though the home pregnancy tests in the market are really improving, however, the most reliable test is still the blood test.

i would recommend seeing your doctor or at least talk to him and schedule a pregancy blood test to make sure that you are not pregnant and go from there.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.