Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Lack of Menstrual Cycle

Kayla - Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:25 am

I am 19 and I have always had irregular periods, like they would skipa month but I would always have them, um....I didn't have one for 3 months so I got a prescription to make me have one, they said that it would also make me become on a regular cycle. Well it has been almost four months since I had my last period :( . And I don't know what to do. I also have another question, will me not having my periods lessen my chancesof getting pregnant, because we are trying to get pregnant, but I am not now I know because I have taken three different test.

Please help!~~Thanks-Kayla :cry:
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:03 pm

User avatar Dear Kayla,

Having irregular periods can be a symptom of a disorder that can be the cause of you not being able to get pregnant.

You have to discuss this with your doctor and if the pregnancy tests you are referring to, are home tests, then, even though they are fairly reliable, i would recommend having a blood test just to make sure that you are not pregnant albeit a remote possibility at this time.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us