Question: NO PERIODS,NO PREGNANCY, WHATS PROBLEM WITH ME

zaidi10 - Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:13 pm

I M A 31YRS OLD WOMAN, HAVE 2 CHILDREN FROM EX HUSBAND. I HAVE FACED 3 TIMES ABORTION SINCE I M WITH SECOND HUSBAND. MY LAST PERIOD DATE WAS 07.09.07 AND 2DAY IS 21.10.07, AND I HAVE USED MANY HOME TESTS OF PREGNANCY BUT NEGATIVE. HOWEVER I FEELS THAT I M PREGNANT, I M REALLY SO DISAPPOINTED I WANT TO HAVE A BABY, CAN U PLZZ HELP ME IN THIS MATTER???
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:32 am

User avatar If you are having sex regularly there is a good chance of pregnancy within about a year to 18 months of trying. Anything less than that would not be something to cause concern. If your periods are regular you can concentrate your efforts on your most fertile times - days 8 through 19 when you start counting on the first day of your period. Some people advocate resting for 20 minutes while lying on your back with a pillow under your hips to help gravity ensure the sperm travels where you want it to go.

If after a year and a half of trying you still have not conceived, you may wish to consult a fertility specialist to see if either you or your husband have some physiological condition that is causing the infertility.

Good luck
 zaidi10 - Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:12 pm

THANX 2 XPLAIN ME BUT..
CAN U PLZZ TELL ME THAT WHATS THE REASON OF DELAY OF PERIODS, WHILE TEST TELLING ME THAT I M NOT PREGNANT ALSO.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:25 pm

User avatar It is possible you may not ovulate every month, in which case the hormones do not function in the usual way, resulting in a period each time conception does not occur within that cycle. Hormone imbalance is most likely the cause and your doctor could evaluate this.

Good luck in your efforts to conceive.