Question: Calendar Method- effective in pregnancy prevention?

SallyJ - Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:01 am

I had sex on day 23 of my 32 day cycle... A condom was used, but it might have broken/leaked. Supposedly, day 23 was the first day of my "infertile post-ovulation days" but I'm not sure what to think. Are my chances of pregnancy extremely minimal? Should the calendar method and a condom be very efficient in preventing pregnancy? I'm not too sure of how accurate the calendar method is, so I am seeking professional advice here. If you could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 Kirsty_Oz - Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:22 am

it is also referred to as the Billings (sp?) method, maybe check some sites and books about it
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:02 pm

User avatar Dear Sally,

The calender method is accurate if your cycle is extremely regular and you know exactly when your ovulations take place and you use extra caution.

Needless to say that there is nothing 100% accurate.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.