Question: Mid-menstral bleeding

Ashley_2004 - Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:26 pm

I just had my pd. on the 16th and now im bleeding agian but only its really dark and has clots in it. I don't know whats wrong with me. I've been trying to get pregenant for about 6 mths and nothing yet. I went to the gynocologest on the 2nd and she said everything came back find. I'm not sure what to do about me getting pregenant. I also want to know why my pd. looks the way it does. Is there something wrong? :?:
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:49 pm

Brown discharge is blood that has lost its hemoglobin, which indicates that it is old. It also indicates that it was scant in amount because fresh bleeding will make its way down the vagina in its bright red state in moderate or large amounts.

The causes of abnormal spotting vary.

One common cause of spotting is low progesterone. It’s the hormone progesterone that helps to maintain the uterine lining for pregnancy and when progesterone level drops, the menstrual cycle occurs. In women who are deficient in progesterone, they will see spotting several days to a week before their cycle is due. This can also cause minor infertility and early miscarriage.