Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Is there a medical procedure that proves fidelity?

 kai_s - Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:16 am

I'm a 22 y/o female with 2 kids. My boyfriend is currently in iraq right now and he insists that i've been cheating on him. I was wondering if there is any kind of test out there that might prove to him that i haven't had any intercourse since he's been gone. He comes home in january and i really don't want to argue about my fidelity. I have been faithful and will remain faithful. He has his trust issues with not only me but with everyone.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:30 am

User avatar I do not know of any such tests and if your boyfriend mistrusts you this much I would give serious consideration to whether or not you will be happy in a long-term relationship. Trust is one of the most significant and important factors in a safe and loving relationship. It sounds like the only thing that will help in this case is him changing his attitude and I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Take it slowly and be sure. Try not to let passion when he returns make decisions you could regret. You might consider relationship counseling. This is available through the military. Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us