Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: I have periodic discomfort in right waist line area

 Yvette Childers - Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:03 pm

I am a 42-year old female who is experiencing a 'fluttery', rippling sensation in my right side near my waistine. This has been happening off and on for several months but has become more frequent lately. The pain is mild but does bother me at times. I wonder if the problem is in my ovaries. I had hepatitis C years ago and have had a liver biopsy performed. I also have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and arthritis.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:29 pm

User avatar It does not sound like ovary to me but could be something with the digestive system. At any rate it does not sound serious. Talk to your doctor about it the next chance you get but unless the pain gets worse or you develop other symptoms, it is probably not an emergency.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us