Question: Ruebella vaccine???

llm8221 - Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:54 am

So, i had to get a ruebella vaccine after the birth of my first child. I was wonder if that means i will need it after my second one is born as well.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:10 am

User avatar Not likely. You probably were not showing adequate levels of immunity so they gave you the vaccine after delivery when they could be certain you were not pregnant. This is a shot that should not be given during pregnancy. They test at your prenatal appointment to see if you are immune. If not, they give the vaccine after you give birth. Most people develop immunity after the vaccine so I expect the next time you are pregnant and your doctor tests you will show the antibodies and won't need it again. It is a rare person who would need to repeat it.