Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Condom stuck inside me and I didn't know

Z4042 - Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:44 am

I'm a 29 yo female. I currently have my period. Just went to the bathroom, and to my suprise, a condom came out! The last time I had sex was about 3 weeks ago. (the guy didn't tell me the condom came off)

I have my period.. but I'm still worried about pregnancy, and any other risks of having a condom in there for so long.

Should I be worried?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:34 pm

User avatar I don't think you need to worry about pregnancy since you are having your period. As for other concerns, the main one would be infection which sometimes comes from a foreign object left in the vagina. But, since you have apparently not had symptoms of that (foul odor, discharge, fever, chills, etc.) I would say you are fine.

Best wishes.
 Z4042 - Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:48 am

Thank you so much for your help.

Haven't had any other symptoms.

Thanks again :)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:17 am

User avatar You are welcome!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us