Question: Condom came off...pregnant??

dixiemom8203 - Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:08 am

Hello again.

I'm 24, 1 child who is 4 yrs old. My fiance and I use condoms as our choice of birth control since I've had so many problems with the hormones in the other options. My period usually comes around the 27-29 of the month and we had intercourse on the 16th. Well...the condom came off inside me! Who does that happen to?? Haha. Anyways. My period is due this weekend but so far its a no show. I have sensitive nipples and slightly nauseated when I eat. When should I test for pregnancy? I was thinking the first of the year but could that be too soon since on Sunday it will be exactly 2 weeks?

Thanks again.

~Beckie
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:52 pm

User avatar Home pregnancy tests are usually quite reliable about a week after you would have expected your period to start. If that test is negative and you still have symptoms with no period, try again a week later. Good luck.
 dixiemom8203 - Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:15 pm

Thank you first of all. So you are saying that the first would be too soon? Sorry I'm just a mixture of emotions right now...a part of me wants it but a part of me doesn't as well. Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:44 am

User avatar I think the first should be a good time to take the test. But, keep in mind, some women do get early false negative results so if symptoms continue, repeat the test after one week.