Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: The use of lysol as a self-abortion method

spadijer - Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:10 am

I am looking for:
studies done
statistical data
reported cases
articles on the subject

More specifically:

Failed attempts and the results of.
e.g. birth defects (physical/mental)
brain damage / mental retardation
 DeLWolcott - Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:40 pm

2+ year post. And don't even think about it!
 furbii - Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:02 pm

could maybe we respond to posts that need to be responded too?
i wish someone would respond, cause i NEED HELP!
 DeLWolcott - Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:19 pm

You may ask your question within this thread if you are not able to post a new topic.

As for the original question, I will do some research on my own to see if anything is available.
 furbii - Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:16 am

I have posted elsewhere, and all 3 of them, have absolutely no responses...
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:32 am

I found your original post and I apologize for the delay in you getting an answer.

Definitely get in to see your physician. This could either be a spontaneous abortion, OR it could be nothing. During my first pregnancy I did have a day of cramping with bleeding that followed, yet 6 months later I still had a very healthy baby boy. (He was 5 weeks early, but otherwise fine.)

No matter what the reason is for the bleeding, you need your mind put at ease so you don't have the extra stress. I wish you the best!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us