Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: showing symptoms of pregnancy after a tubal litigation

jasmine6918 - Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:16 pm

I has a tubal litigation 3 years ago and for the past two months instead of having a period i am only spotting for one day. then today I am spotting again and having cramping in lower abdomen and back could I be possibly pregnant and possibly miscarrying?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:06 pm

User avatar Dear Heather,

Nothing is 100% perfect.

If you suspect being pregnant, the best thing to do is to do a pregnancy test.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 taytay2005 - Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:13 am

I was diappointed at the reponse to someone who had a tubal litigation and wanted to know if she could be pregnant. I am in that same boat and wanted answers not "take a pregnancy test"
I want to know numbers..... I want to know what are that chances that I will die. I was told most pregnancies after a tubal result in a tubal pregnancy. Taking a pregnancy test does not take the fear away. How many women get pregnant after a tubal? How many deliver babies? How many die? Should I be scared or what?

Janis
 inlovewithgod - Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:25 pm

I too wonder if I am not pregnant and do plan to have a pregnancy test done. I had my tubal 10 years ago and have just recently been saved by the Lord. I have prayed to be pregnant and have not had my period. For the non-believers, I know you think I'm crazy but 2 years ago I was a HUGE drunk and drug user.....I am sober today and so very at peace....only by God's grace. I just wonder what could happen to me or the child if this test comes back posiitive. I plan on getting the test soon but am still praying my way through it......

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us