Question: Taking Birth control pills backwards

cheriemonty - Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:34 am

I accidentally started my pills backwards. I started with the pills that you take right before the dummy pills and was going the opposite way. Will that affect anything,I have probably taken a weeks worth.
 DeLWolcott - Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:22 am

Yes, you have taken the strongest pills in the pack which are the most effective during normal ovulation. Going backwards will more than likely start your period early. Your protection against pregnancy for this month is null and void since you would be taking the weakest pills at the normal time of ovulation.

Keep yourself protected in another manner this month, and go the right direction next month. Trust me. You are not the first, nor will you be the last, that this has happened to. ;)