Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Is there a limit on how long you should be on the pill?

cheriemonty - Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:35 am

I have been on the pill for eight years. Is there a limit on how long you should be on the pill? Will being on the pill for a long time make you infertile?
 drnasser - Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:31 am

Thank you for visiting the doctors lounge

First of all please tell us which pill you've been on

and there is a big chance that your body will stop producing eggs

Yours

Dr. Nasser

Obstetrics and Gynecology
 Osteopath-to-be - Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:43 am

Dr. Nasser,
I thought females were born with all their eggs already produced? How can they stop producing the eggs....did you mean they would stop releasing their eggs? Is this common after years on the pill?
Thank you,
Dannielle Brown
 cheriemonty - Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:40 pm

i'm on ortho tricyclen

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us